2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
If you need a pickup truck that doesn’t shy away from a challenge, the best-selling Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the perfect choice for your Fort Morgan travels. The Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds and the Silverado 1500 payload reaches 2,280 pounds. Crafted with hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity is one of the strongest on the market today. Take a closer look at the capabilities of the latest Silverado with Transwest Chevrolet Buick.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The Chevy Silverado towing capacity differs depending on your choice of engine. For the 2021 model year, there are five different powertrain configurations to explore:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard V6 engine delivers 285 horsepower with a best-in-class 305 pound-feet of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine option boosts efficiency overall, while achieving an impressive 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque, along with a towing capacity up to 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This available V8 brings 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque to the Holyoke roads, while elevating towing capacity to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This option delivers the maximum Chevy Silverado towing capacity of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim) with a lively 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: The available diesel option achieves a towing capacity of 9,500 pounds, along with 277 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
If you want to take advantage of the incredible Silverado 1500 payload and towing capabilities, Chevy also offers plenty of options and accessories to make your Sedgwick travels easier. Explore just a few of your options:
- Trailering Package: The standard Trailering Package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This optional package improves your towing experience with the additional Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, including revised shock tuning and upgraded rear springs.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Want to improve your visibility? Opt for the extended view towing mirrors for additional safety and security on the Sterling roads.
Learn More with Transwest Chevrolet Buick
We’ve given you a sneak peek of the Silverado 1500 payload and towing specs, but there’s so much more to explore at Transwest Chevrolet Buick. Contact us with any questions and feel free to stop by our Sterling showroom to view our Silverado inventory, get to know this popular pickup in person.
More from Transwest Chevrolet Buick
If you need a pickup truck that doesn’t shy away from a challenge, the best-selling Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the perfect choice for your Fort Morgan travels. The Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds and the Silverado 1500 payload reaches 2,280 pounds. Crafted with hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity…